Here are 3 ways to relieve stress and anxiety naturally. The following alternative therapies can be used by even the novice to calm the nerves, soothe the emotions, provide natural stress and anxiety relief, and holistic health and healing benefits.
1. Relieve Stress and Anxiety With Crystals
Crystal Therapy has been used to heal and bring balance to the body since antiquity. Crystals work holistically. Even the novice can use crystals to benefit from crystal healing. Simply by placing crystals on or around your body or in your environment, you can benefit from this alternative holistic therapy. Tumbled stones are fairly durable, and often small enough to place in your pocket. I've even seen a few women drop their selection of tumbled stones in their brassiere after purchasing them. Wearing gemstone and Magnetite jewelry is another very convenient way to keep your crystals with you throughout the day. Larger crystals, such as sculptures, spheres, and other shapes, can be placed throughout your home, on your desk, or at work, so that everyone nearby can reap the benefits of Crystal Therapy.
Crystals For Stress
Crystals commonly used to alleviate stress include Amethyst, Charoite, Green Aventurine, Dioptase, Lapis Lazuli, Magnetite, Herkimer Diamond, Labradorite, Rose Quartz, Rhodonite, Aquamarine and Jasper.
Crystals For Anxiety
The following crystals are frequently used to relieve anxiety – Aventurine, Green Calcite, Chrysoprase, Emerald, Hematite, Moonstone, Pyrite, Rose Quartz, Rutilated Quartz, Tiger’s Eye, Tourmaline and Labradorite. Turquoise has been used to relieve panic attacks.
Crystals known for their calming properties include Amethyst, Angelite, Aquamarine, Calcite, Carnelian, Chrysocolla, Citrine, Rhodochrosite, Rhodonite, Rose Quartz and Selenite. Learn more about the properties of other healing crystals.
Calming Stress And Anxiety Crystal Properties
- Agate is a very calming and soothing stone that grounds the emotions. Agate dispels fears, lessens envy and increases self-confidence. Agate can also help strengthen the body's connection to the earth, which is very nurturing.
- Amazonite can lessen stress and self-defeating behaviors by calming and building self-esteem.
- Amethyst brings energies of stability, peace, calm, balance, courage and inner strength. It eases the pain of grief, and promotes happiness.
- Angelite is a stone that can bring serenity, inner peace, and a sense of calm. It is excellent to use when you need to calm down from feelings of stress and overwhelm.
- Aquamarine brings peace and is reputed to assist with calming communication issues.
- Aventurine is a gentle stone energetically that gives a sense of calm and balance and enhances happiness.
- Bloodstone lessens confusion and anxiety, while increasing adaptability and organization.
- Blue Chalcedony is very helpful in the emotional realm. It can calm anxieties and stress, and bring emotional healing in times of grief.
- Blue Lace Agate is a gentle, calming stone that engenders tranquility.
- Calcite is helpful in lessening fear, reducing stress and bringing inner peace.
- Carnelian is a stone of protection in general and offers protection from anger, jealousy and fear. Carnelian can help ease or remove sorrows.
- Chalcedony can absorb negative energy and dissipate negative thoughts, emotions and bad dreams.
- Charoite is called a "Stone of Transformation" and is a stone of power. In particular it transforms negative emotions such as anger and fear into positive feelings. As part of the transformation process it allows release of those negative emotions. Charoite is also a stone of inspiration, bringing enhanced creativity, spiritual growth, and showing new possibilities even in old situations. Charoite enhances self-esteem and helps release one from victimization, bringing courage, inner strength, and appropriate assertiveness.
- Chevron Amethyst combines the strengthening and enhancing qualities of quartz with the stress relieving qualities of Amethyst.
- Chrysocolla can help ease fear, anxiety, and guilt.
- Chrysoprase can bring happiness, which is partly because it helps its wearer get rid of negative thoughts and irritability.
- Citrine enhances mental clarity, confidence, happiness and will power. Citrine is said to alleviate depression and self-doubt, and diminish irrational mood swings due to the effect of mental clarity it has.
- Dioptase is helpful for emotional healing by releasing negative emotions. It promotes healing from abuse, neglect, sadness, and despair. It helps one to find the joy of the current moment, bringing calm, confidence, and self-worth.
- Emerald has been used to relieve anxiety, especially in relationships. Emerald is a stone of love and romance, it is said to bring peaceful and harmonious married life. Emerald brings and enhances joy.
- Hematite brings mental organization and is very grounding and calming.
- Herkimer Diamond helps to balance the mental, emotional and physical levels. It can relieve tension and promote peace of mind.
- Howlite decreases an overly critical state of mind, selfishness, stress, pain, and rudeness.
- Jasper is a stone of gentleness and relaxation. It enhances one's ability to relax and brings tranquility, comforting, wholeness, healing, and gentle endings. It is sometimes called the nurturing stone for its nurturing and protective energies. Same as with Agates, there are numerous varieties of Jasper to choose from.
- Labradorite reduces the energies of stress and anxiety.
- Lapis Lazuli can help organize daily life as well as organize and quiet a busy or restless mind. Lapis is a stone that protects from both physical and psychic attacks.
- Lepidolite has a strong relaxing and calming effect. It is an excellent emotional healer. Lepidolite greatly decreases stress, anxiety, depression, manic-depression, despondency, PTSD, and other traumas, anger, panic attacks, and addictions.
- Magnetite (Lodestone) lessens or dispels grief, fear, anger, confusion and attachment. Magnetite relieves agitation, burdens, depression and insomnia, and improves sleep.
- Moonstone can help calm responses and avoid overreaction.
- Mother of Pearl, aka Abalone, is purported to be especially useful for handling and calming emotional situations, and is very soothing to the emotions.
- Peridot can lessen anger, jealousy and stress in relationships.
- Petrified Wood is particularly useful in calming survival-based fears. It helps one be practical. It is a stone of business success.
- Pyrite promotes emotional well-being. It helps one to overcome fears and anxiety, and enhances will power, confidence, and assertiveness.
- Rhodonite is a calming stone that decreases anxiety while increasing attention to detail.
- Rhodochrosite is called the "stone of love and balance" as it balances and enhances love on all levels. It allows fuller love to enter one's life, in part by calming excessive passions.
- Rose Quartz is a stone of unconditional love. It can alleviate stress, anxiety and worry, and help to heal the heart.
- Rutilated Quartz diminishes fears, depression and issues with decision-making. It enhances mental and physical stability and self-reliance.
- Selenite is a very peaceful, calming stone that clears negative energy. It is a stone of mental clarity, enhancing mental flexibility and strengthening decisions. It dispels fear, stress, anger, and the feeling of being victimized. Selenite makes one feel calmer and more centered. Selenite is an excellent crystal to use during meditation.
- Smoky Quartz brings calm and centering, lifts depression, enhances practicality, and generally removes negative energies, bringing happiness.
- Snow Quartz is a calming and soothing stone. It is helpful for meditation, and looking within.
- Sunstone dispels fear and phobias, decreases stress and lifts depression. Sunstone also turns the negative energies of psychic attacks into positive energies.
- Tiger Eye, aka Tiger's Eye, helps to release fear and anxiety, and aids harmony and balance.
- Tourmaline alleviates anxiety and depression, and increases flexibility, happiness, objectivity, compassion and serenity. It also enhances tolerance and understanding.
- Tourmaline in Quartz, aka Tourmalated Quartz, deflects and grounds negativity, and reduces anxiety and depression.
- Turquoise is known as a master healer stone. Turquoise can be used to relieve panic attacks.
- Wonderstone Jasper helps reduce or eliminate depression and anxiety, giving an overall sense of well-being. Wonderstone can also bring mental clarity and give insight into the right course of action.
2. Relieve Stress & Anxiety With Essential Oils
Use of essential oils, both topically and aromatically, can be used to alleviate stress and anxiety naturally.
Essential Oils For Stress
Secondary recommendations for stress include Roman Chamomile, Geranium and Frankincense. Secondary blends include Massage Blend and Grounding Blend. Marjoram has also been found to be effective at reducing stress.
Essential Oils For Emotional Stress
Essential Oils For Environmental Stress
Primary oils for environmental stress include Bergamot, Cypress and Geranium. A secondary oils for environmental stress is Cedarwood.
Essential Oils For Mental Stress
Primary oils for mental stress include Lavender, Grapefruit and Focus Blend. Secondary oils include Sandalwood and Geranium.
Essential Oils For Performance Stress
Essential Oils For Physical Stress
Primary oils for physical stress include Lavender, Bergamot, Geranium, Marjoram and Calming Blend.
Essential Oils For Anxiety
Primary recommendations for anxiety include Lavender, Orange and Lemon. Primary blends include Focus Blend, Calming Blend, Massage Blend, Joyful Blend and Grounding Blend (on back of neck) and Respiratory Blend (on chest).
3. Relieve Stress And Anxiety With Access Bars
There are 32 points on your head known as the Access Bars®. The Bars® have assisted thousands of people to change many aspects of their life including health and body issues, stress and anxiety, depression, money problems, sex and relationships and so much more.
The Bars store the electromagnetic component of your thoughts, feelings, emotions, ideas, beliefs, considerations and points of view that you have stored from any lifetime. When lightly touched The Bars effortlessly and easily begin to release the limitations you have about different areas of your life and body. Having your Bars run is a very relaxing and nurturing process. The main image above is someone receiving an Access Bars Session.
When you have your Bars run at the very least you’ll feel like you’ve had a great massage; best case scenario, your whole life can change into something greater, and with total ease.
Some of the benefits people have experienced from having their Bars run include improved sleep, mental clarity, calmness and inner peace, as well as reduced stress, anxiety, depression frustration and sadness. The Bars are a hands-on energetic body process of Access Consciousness®. Anyone can learn this hands-on energy healing technique in one day by attending an Access Bars Class.
Subscribe to our blog's RSS Feed.
Did you enjoy this post? Share post below.